Welcome to February! And welcome to a well-deserved #WriterRecharge! Brought to us by the same merry band of writers who sponsored #ReadySetWrite this past summer, #WriterRecharge is all about the following:
We’d like to invite you to join us for Writer Recharge 2014, a month-long motivational challenge similar to last summer’s Ready. Set. Write! So many of us benefited from setting goals, connecting with other writers, and social media-based accountability. So, hey, let’s do it again! Whether you’re delighting next to the crackling fireplace of a Shiny New Idea with a warm cup of tea and a sleepy puppy at your feet or spinning out on the ice-covered roads of revisions in an attempt to avoid the snow-packed ditch, we want to write with you! What do you want to accomplish this month? Hit a daily word count? Revise a certain number of pages or chapters each week? Complete a draft by the end of the month? Let’s get this party started!
Sounds pretty wonderful in the midst of winter, right? Check out more deets with the friendly hosts: Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Sara Biren, and sign up to play along on Sara’s blog here:
- First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post here (below)
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on myMonday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- February 28: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win one of five query or 3-chapter critiques.
My goals for February:
- Finish the second draft of my WIP!
- Swim four days a week. Swimming clears my head like nothing else.
- Keep reading. I read 13 books in January, but since February is a shorter month, I’m going to at least commit to reading these seven award-winners. I started in on the stack on Saturday, and have already devoured the top two.
That’s it! My goals are simple but huge for me, so I am really looking forward to cheering along with the rest of the group. My February just started looking a whole lot better!