The Next Big Thing
Thanks to Jaye Robin Brown for tagging me in this fun post! It gives me the chance to talk about the manuscript I’m working on and share that love with some friends. I’m tagging #wipmadness buddies Patrice, JennaWren, and GirlParker!
1. What is the working title of your book?
2. Where did the idea come from the book?
Ever since visiting Iceland, I’ve wanted to set a book there, so the setting came first. The landscape there is so haunting and natural phenomena so beautiful that I knew what I saw would affect my characters the same way. Plus, I wanted to get them up into the huge sky, complete with its Northern Lights and Midnight Sun.
3. What genre is your book?
YA futuristic thriller
4. Which actors would you choose to play the characters in a movie?
Native Icelanders would make the most sense, so probably no one famous. 😉
5. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
Seventeen-year-old Lilja joins the Icelandic Sky Patrol Corporation’s internship program to fly the big skyships, but when she discovers their plans to harness Iceland’s geothermal energy as a powerful weapon, she’s not sure whose help to enlist in stopping them—her old boyfriend on land or her new best friend on the ship.
6. Will your book be self-published or repped by an agency?
I’m currently seeking rep for my completed ms, and I’m looking for someone to rep all my work.
7. How long did it take you to finish your first draft?
8. What other books would you compare yours to in this genre?
STARTERS by Lissa Price and the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE series by Beth Revis (though mine takes place in the stratosphere rather than outer space).
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
See my answer to Question 2 above.
10. What else about your book my pique a reader’s interest?
See my manuscript Love List here!